07 April, 2011

Pursuit #68: Unanimously rejected

It's always fun to receive a rejection letter from a school you applied to, and then withdrew your application from due to receiving and accepting another school's offer.  This rejection letter was really quite moot at this juncture in time - I received my other acceptances months ago. Not to mention the fact that I WITHDREW my application from this school's pool.

But the cherry on this sundae was the wording the grad school director used, and I quote:

"Unfortunately, the committee has decided not to recommend your admission and I concur with this decision."

This strikes me as comical. As in, "The committee thought you sucked. And frankly, I think you suck too. It's really quite unanimous that you suck." Thanks? I think they're just bitter. Let the record show that I rejected them first!

No comments: